The Sagitta Biotech website values the protection of your privacy and aims to process your personal data in a transparent and discreet way and in accordance with Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR).
This Statement explains how and why the Sagitta Biotech website processes your personal data within the meaning of the Belgian Corporate Governance Code.
1.1 What is personal data?
Personal data is any information relating to identified or identifiable natural persons.
1.2 Which type of data do we collect?
Personal data is collected only if you have decided to provide it to us. The data is used for performing the services offered by the Sagitta Biotech website. Personal data is not used for any other purpose, unless you give us permission to do so or the Sagitta Biotech website is required to do so by law. The personal data collected by the Sagitta Biotech website may include: name, address, email address, phone number and other similar information.
1.3 The legal grounds on which basis the personal data are processed
If the Sagitta Biotech website processes personal data, one of the following legal grounds is invoked:
- Performance of the contract: the personal data that is processed is necessary for performing the services or delivery of goods contractually agreed between you and the Sagitta Biotech website.
- Legal obligations: the personal data must be processed so that the Sagitta Biotech website can meet certain legal obligations.
- Legitimate interests: the personal data may be processed if it is in the Sagitta Biotech website’s legitimate interest for adequate and lawful performance of its business activities, provided that your interests do not outweigh our legitimate interests.
- Consent of the data subject: the personal data are processed after you have given your consent.
1.4 Why do we collect your personal data?
We collect personal data to ensure that we can provide the services and products requested by you and to improve our services and products. Your personal data is also used for direct marketing activities if you have indicated that you wish to be informed thereof. The data processing method may vary depending on the service or product provided to you by the Sagitta Biotech website.
Furthermore, your personal data may be used to meet legal requirements and for administrative purposes (accounting, invoicing).
1.6 With whom do we share your personal data?
Your data will be used only within the Sagitta Biotech website. Apart from the exceptions listed below, your data will not be shared with third parties.
- Your data may be shared with third parties if you have given us explicit consent to do so.
- Your personal data will be shared with third parties if that is necessary for performing our activities. The Sagitta Biotech website only collaborates with renowned partners.
- Your data may be shared with third parties if the Sagitta Biotech website is legally required to do so (for instance by the Tax Administration).
- In the event of the sale of the Sagitta Biotech website to another organization, the Sagitta Biotech website may disclose personal data related to the sale or other transfer of the company to which the data relates.
Under no circumstances will your data be shared with third parties for their commercial purposes.
1.7 How do we secure your data?
To secure your personal data, the Sagitta Biotech website takes all reasonable and appropriate technical and administrative safety measures. This prevents unauthorized access, accidental destruction and modification of data as well as data breach to the largest extent possible. We constantly improve our systems to ensure that we can guarantee data security. Nevertheless, no system or procedure can offer absolute protection against the aforementioned risks. By providing your personal data to the Sagitta Biotech website, you acknowledge and accept this.
How long do we keep your personal information?
The Sagitta Biotech website keeps your data no longer than is necessary for performing its activities, unless we are required to keep them for an extended period to comply with legal obligations.
1.8 What are your rights?
1.8.1 Right of access
You have the right to obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and you have the right to access that data. Prior to giving you access to the data, the Sagitta Biotech website may ask you for proof of your identity.
1.8.2 Right to rectification
You have the right to rectification, free of charge, of any data concerning yourself that is incorrect or incomplete.
1.8.3 Right of erasure
You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. If we erase your personal data, certain services offered by the Sagitta Biotech website can no longer be provided.
1.8.4 Right of restriction
You have the right to block or restrict the processing of your personal data. If processing is restricted, the Sagitta Biotech website may store the data, but no longer process it further.
1.8.5 Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in three specific cases:
- Processing of data based on legitimate interests, the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority.
- Direct marketing.
- Processing of data for scientific or historical research and statistical purposes.
1.8.6 Right of portability
You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Furthermore, you have the right to transmit the data in that format to another data processor.
1.8.7 Right to submit a complaint
The Sagitta Biotech website strives to process your data in the most transparent and correct way possible. However, if you believe that this is not the case, you can always contact our Data Protection Officer via the e-mail address: email@example.com. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
Rue de la Presse 35
Telephone number: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
1.9 Changes to this Statement
The Sagitta Biotech website will evaluate this Statement from time to time and change it as necessary. The date of any changes will be indicated on the dedicated website page. We invite you to check our Privacy Statement regularly. Any substantial changes will be notified through the website.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please don’t hesitate to contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.